Monday, February 6, 2012

Come on Knock on My Door & Apologize




Part of being a good girlfriend is learning how and when to say, "I'm sorry." It doesn't always have to be, "I'm sorry. I was wrong." Sometimes the right choice is "I'm sorry that I upset you." There is a big difference. I will write more about apologies and friendship later, but for now it's time for "Girlfriends in the Headlines".

Disclaimer: This story was brought to my attention by my BFF Karla. Considering my addiction to classic TV sitcoms, I have no idea how I could have missed this one. It's almost embarrassing. (Please, don't tell me I also missed a Charlie Sheen and Chuck Lorre reunion. )

We've been waiting for you...Chrissy and Janet, to say, "I'm sorry." Thanks to salary dispute in 1981, "Three's Company" stars Suzanne Sommers and Joyce Dewitt did not speak for 30 years. (This also led to Sommers' contract not being renewed after five seasons. Jenilee Harrison replaced Sommers as Chrissy's cousin Cindy Snow. This, in my book, was nearly as tragic.)

Last week, the two reunited on Sommers' web series. (Suzanne Sommers has a web series?) As you watch, you will see that the crux of the discord was the inability of both women to understand where the other was coming from. Neither apologized for what they did or how they felt, but their lack of understanding for one another.

I am sure that Jack Tripper is looking down on them smiling. Too bad it took them 30 years. They should have paid more attention to the show that led into them every Tuesday night on ABC and been a little more like Laverne and Shirley.




No comments:

Post a Comment